Monday was first year orientation day at Cumberland. ECU was there to encourage students to sign up to read the bible at uni. There is so much to thank and ask God for:
- For the Christians students – their hard work and faithfulness in being a presence on campus, talking to new students, sharing the gospel, and perseverance in what was a really long day – “For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building” (1 Corinthians 3:9).
- For the weather – we were able to be there all day and talk to students in the lines without hindrance.
- For giving us courage (even me!) to preach his word. Some heard the gospel! – “My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power” (1 Corinthians 2:4-5).
- For those who heard the gospel – “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God” (1 Corinthians 1:18).
- That those who took the Gospel of Mark home would read it, and that God would make the gospel bear fruit – “So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow” (1 Corinthians 3:7).
- For more sign ups on Thursday, when the Masters students have their orientation.